Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What a night.


Somewhere amidst the month that was February I turned a year older. I have come to embrace aging after all we all grow wiser and more beautiful with each passing year correct? That may be my own warped perception, but I am sticking to it.

This year during my birthday week I happened to be excessively busy and the last thing I wanted to do was work a concert for one of Komen’s celebrity ambassadors who was in town. I love Candy Coburn as a person, and she is a great musician I always enjoy listening to her, it would have been one thing if I was simply going to her concert, but I had to WORK an evening two days before my birthday. Why you asked did Lindsay and I have to do this and no one else from the office, I asked myself the same question. I have this really bad habit of never saying no, so I agreed to work. I had to cancel dinner plans with a friend and as my co-work and friend Lindsay picked me up from my apartment at 6pm to head down to Cains in order set up for the event I went kicking and screaming. As a side note, when Lindsay called to tell me she was outside my building to pick me up she said “bring you camera you never know if there will be a picture opportunity”. I thought that was silly for her to ask, she knows this sister does not go anywhere without her camera especially to work events. Anyway I grab my purse and my camera and huffed and puffed all the way down to her car.

As we drove over to the venue Lindsay was on the phone with Candy’s manager spelling the names of Aaron (Lindsay’s husband), Matt (we all know who he is) and myself; which didn’t seem odd to me, because anytime we work an event we always get extra tickets for Matt and Aaron in case they want to swing by. However, on that same note, I knew there was no way Matt was going to come down he is not the biggest country music fan around. But at least it was a nice gesture by Lindsay to think about them. When she got off the phone she said “well since you know what is going on now I guess I will fill you in”, little did she know I had no idea what was going on. She said Matt and Aaron were meeting us for the concert.

Long story short, I didn’t have to work the concert it was all a set up. Matt and Aaron met us for dinner then we all headed to Cains where we got our VIP tickets and hung out with Candy on her tour bus

before watching a great concert.


Half way through the concert Candy pulled me on stage and we had a happy birthday sing-a-long.


It was a birthday celebration I will remember forever!!!

What a wonderful evening, shows one never knows what is around each turn in life. I have the world’s best friends that beats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment