Thursday, September 12, 2013

Deluge

I was awoken this morning at 5:30 to a weather phone alter, apparently it rained a little while I was sleeping….and when I say a little I mean 3-7” depending on where ones lives. Schools were closed, universities were closed, roads were closed, and I felt my brain needed to be closed for the day as well. However, I didn’t get any notification that my brain could have the day off so I pull myself out of bed on this rainy socked in day and venture into the office. While driving in I realized a few things: 1) If there is any sort of moisture coming from the sky people all of sudden go into ‘I forgot how to drive’ mode. Although caution should be used while driving we need not forget how to operate an automobile, and if you are one that neglects to remember the rules of the roads when wet than it may be best to call in sick and let the rest of us drive in peace. 2) If it is pouring and the best way to get from point A to point B is via the germ tube (aka the free shuttle) check the seat before sitting down. There is chance it might be soaking wet and you will stand up with a discolored backside. 3) It is never fun for a fire to start in the office building during a day with record rain fall. There are many things I can think I would rather do than huddle under an umbrella in the pouring rain. Luckily the fire was put out and we were all able to stand under blow driers before returning back to work. 4) I am more than thankful for my job that allows me to stay inside all day if I want. I think everyone around me is also very happy for this life choice, for you see if I get wet in anything other than workout clothes I turn green and mean. 5) I thought I moved from Oregon to Oklahoma to Colorado. I thought I lived in a state that had over 300 days of sunshine a year. I thought I lived in the mile high city, far far away from humidity. I thought this morning I woke up back in Oregon. Signing off from the Barrington Ark

No comments:

Post a Comment