I made an oh so scrumptious pizza a couple days ago. It was piled high with everything I love, cheese, green & yellow peppers, spinach, tomatoes, basil, crushed red pepper, cheese…….Oh did I already mention cheese, well it is my favorite part of pizza and the main contributor to the size of my backside.
Here is what you need:
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 lb fresh spinach leaves
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
Crushed red pepper (for taste)
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
3 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
Here is what you do:
1) In large bowl combine 1 ¼ cups flour, yeast, and ¼ teaspoon salt; add warm water and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
2) Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic.
3) Divide dough in half. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes
4) Spread dough out onto baking stone or pizza pan.
5) Sprinkle dough with olive oil, crushed red pepper, and ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
1) Cover bottom of skillet with thin layer of olive oil and pressed garlic clove.
2) Begin sautéing spinach.
3) Cut yellow and green peppers into choice shape and add to spinach.
4) Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
5) Spoon mixture onto dough; add sliced tomatoes, basil, and a combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees.