Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blessings

As I was working on my last post a song by Laura Story was playing, a song entitled Blessings. I am not one that would typically type out lyrics for a song; however, I felt these lyrics were so moving, so true to life, and very touching. Maybe it was the topic of the last post, maybe it is because I leaning completely on God’s guidance to navigate me through life, whatever the reason I felt it necessary to share this song with you.
We pray for blessings. We pray for peace. Comfort for family, protection while we sleep. We pray for healing, for prosperity. We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering. All the while, You hear each spoken need, yet love is way too much to give us lesser things. ‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops. What if Your healing comes through tears. What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You’re near. What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise. We pray for wisdom Your voice to hear We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near. We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love. As if every promise from Your Word is not enough All the while, You hear each desperate plea And long that we’d have faith to believe When friends betray us When darkness seems to win We know that pain reminds this hear that this is not our home. What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life The rain, the storms, the hardest nights are your mercies in disguise.
Laura Story

No comments:

Post a Comment