Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Got hitched

I am a few days late in updating my bog. What is that you said…..I am a few months late in updating my blog…..well you might be right but we don’t judge around these here parts. My cousin Alexander got hitched to one of the most precious, loving, giving, and amazing women I know. For any of you that are unaware, Alexander and Mary met while in Switzerland. Alexander was studying abroad through a program at Pepperdine and Mary was working with the studying abroad program, and on May 5 after dating for nearly 2.5 years family and friends gathered at the ranch for the wedding of this perfect couple. After much anticipation, through the pasture we saw a glimpse of the bride…..and groom riding to the ceremony on horseback, very fitting for this ranch wedding.
As Alexander led his horse to the hitching post...
and proceeded to the alter where he meet his groomsmen....
Mary galloped to the back of the aisle.
Where she met her father and Alexander's father
In preperation to walk down the aisle.
To meet her best friend, her love, her future husband.
As the pastor provided laughter, tears, and melting hearts with stories of Alexander and Mary’s fairy-tale, the bride and groom loving looked into each other eyes.
I Alexander, take you, Mary, to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. With this ring I thee wed.
I Mary, take you, Alexander, to be my lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. With this ring I thee wed.
I now pronounce you man and wife!
You may kiss your bride.
Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Drummond!!
I have attended many weddings, many beautiful weddings and I am not sure if it is my age, my desire to get married, or the fact Alexander is family, but I really think this might have been the most stunning wedding I have been blessed to attend. Alexander and Mary, thank you so much for inviting me to part of your special day, I truly felt blessed and honored. I wish you unending love, laughter, blessings, and success in your new titles of bride and groom, husband and wife, and all the other titles you will gain through your years. Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment