Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Intersection

Last week I attended a leadership conference; more specifically a women’s success forum. The day started with a keynote from Jane Pauley and continued on an exceptional track thereafter. I had many aha moments, many flashes of wonderful leaders & some poor leaders, thoughts of many people whom are in leadership positions that should not be….not to mention any names, government officials. It was a day of unmatched knowledge, blessings, comradely, and an all around eye opening experience. Here are a few key notes of insight I was able to take away. 1) Leadership is the act of using your gifts in a purposeful and powerful way 2) Inspiration is everywhere you just have to be looking for it 3) Be willing to say yes to something that is new, challenging, and/or a long shot 4) You find the path to reinvention at the intersection of where your gifts and passion meet 5) Don’t leave a career position until you have to opportunity to lead 6) Don’t trade wholeness for approval 7) The word listen has the same letters as the word silent 8) A grateful heart knows many joys As I sat and reflected, I came to realize, for the 76th time, I do not have the personality cut out for the corporate world. I have the drive, the dedication, and the love for what I do. But I do not have the tolerance for lacking integrity, failing truths, and trampling others as the corporate ladder is climbed. I have a passion for people, for kindness, for grace, for peacefulness. My aha moment was that of where my life will lead over the next few years. I will not share at this time what that journey will look like because let’s be honest when we try to plan things out God has a funny way of helping us to not follow that plan exactly. But I welcome you to stop in on this blog and go on this journey with me, through the highs and lows as I find that intersection where my gifts and passion meet. ‘When you discover your passions you light up your heart. When you live it you light up the entire world.’ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment