Thursday, December 24, 2009

First of many holiday treats!!

Raise your hand if you gravitate towards all those scrumptious holiday goodies. You know the ones I am referring to…those treats that if we don’t watch ourselves we could devour enough to feed a small country in 5 seconds flat. I knew that would ring a bell with you and help me to realize I am not the only one that looses all self control during the Christmas season. I love busting out all of my holiday favorites from Cheesecakes, to sugar cookies, to Eggnog flavored taffy; oh I could sit here and name 100 of my “favorite” treats. However, I also love trying all the new creations baked by family and friends. Which leads me to the point of this post, a to die for plate of awesomeness……Winter Wonderland Brittle. Oh gracious, my mouth is watering just thinking about this delish combination of sweet and salty with a hint of crunch and a melt in your mouth almond flavor. Would you like to know how to make this chunk of heaven? Should I let the secret out………………of course, I love you all too much to deprive you of something so amazing!!

You will need:
1 can of Original Pringles
1 can of Roasted Spanish Nuts (salted)
3 pkg. of Almond Bark

The steps you will need to take:
Crush enough Pringles to make 1 cup
1 cup nuts

Melt the almond bark on low heat until melted. Continue by mixing in the crushed Pringles and nuts, stir until well blended.
Spread a layer of tin foil on your counter top or table. While hot spread the blended mixture onto the tin foil to about peanut height.
Let the mixture cool, break into large pieces and serve.




Thank you Cindy, for sharing this great Christmas treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment