Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Since everyone got to look at a picture of a yummy yummy cupcake for days, well more like weeks before I was able to get back and update my blog, I figure I should share with you how to make the little bites of sunshine.

A few weeks ago I was craving cake, I am not really sure why because I rarely crave anything. However, I thought I better give into the craving or I may end up on the 6pm news for storming Reesor’s bakery. I had no idea what I wanted to bake, I just knew I wanted cake, so I enlisted the help of Matt’s sweet tooth, but not much to my surprise his response was “my sweet tooth is not picky (although not a fan of coconut). I’ve sampled your goodies, so I’m sure whatever you make will be fab-u-lous.” So he was of no help in uncovering the perfect cake treat to make.

After much deliberation I settled on Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. I would just like to state for the record, these may be my new favorite cupcakes.



You will need:
• 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (18 Ounce Box)
• 1 box Lemon Cake Mix (18 Ounce Box)
• 6 whole Eggs, Divided Use, For The Above Cake Mixes
• ⅔ cups Vegetable Or Olive Oil, Divided Use, For The Above Cake Mixes
• 4-½ cups Water, Divided Use, For The Above Cake Mixes
• 2 tubs Store Bought Strawberry Cake Frosting, 12 Ounce Tubs
• ¼ cups Decorative Sprinkling Sugar Pink, Yellow, Or White
• ½ cups Dry Lemonade Mix
• 36 whole Fresh Strawberries

Preparation:
• Prepare both cake mixes according to instructions on the box and put them into separate Ziploc or piping bags.

• Fill cupcake pan with cupcake papers and pipe both batters into each cup to create a mixed color cupcake – Make sure each paper cup is only 2/3 of the way full to prevent overflow when baked.

• Bake according to box directions at 350 degrees for 18 to 25 minutes and allow baked cupcakes to cool completely.

• Pipe strawberry frosting onto cupcakes.

• Mix 1 part sprinkling sugar with 2 parts dry lemonade mix and sprinkle onto frosting.

• Place washed and sliced or whole small fresh strawberries onto cupcakes and sprinkle again with sugar/lemonade mix and serve.

• Cupcakes can be refrigerated after preparation, and strawberries re-sprinkled with sugar and lemonade mixture just before serving


Make these cupcakes today, you will be glad you did!!
Jen



Recipe: Mommy Topics

No comments:

Post a Comment