Tuesday, December 7, 2010

25 days of Christmas

With December comes tradition, happy spirits, family, friends, love and everything that is the holiday season. To me the holidays have always been about sharing, giving, thankfulness and gratitude, so I was on a mission that I have to admit shamefully I have already failed. I was looking forward to taking the 25 days of Christmas to blog about people, treats and places that makes Christmas time one of my favorite times of the year. I realize I am 7 days late, but better late than never right?




You can’t think of Christmas without thinking of the word gifts. Over the next few weeks I am going to share some way cool, must have gifts for Christmas 2010. If you happen to be like me the men in our lives are by far the most challenging to shop for, this year is no exception for me. I have been hunting high and low for cool and unique gifts for the men in my life………….and last week while I was at Boards I ran across a LEGO set, and it was not in the toy section of the store. This LEGO set was anything but a toy, you see it was an architectural model. Being my brother is an architect I tend to be drawn to names that sound familiar and when I saw Frank Lloyd Wright and Fallingwater all together on the same box cover I knew I had to investigate. There are 9 different architectural models by LEGO all of them ranging in difficulty and complexity.


Rockefeller Center


Sears Tower


John Hancock Center


Empire State Building


Seattle Space Needle


Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum


Fallingwater


White House


Taj Mahal


With each model set comes a booklet with facts about the building, its construction and its history. This is a perfect gift for any architecture enthusiast in your life, but expect to pay a little bit for each set!

Happy Shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment