Monday, February 7, 2011

Dress for the ages

I am trying to dig out from under more snow than I would ever like to see again in Tulsa and looking for a cocktail dress to wear to a wedding coming up next month. Why do you look at me with that strange smirk on your face, you don’t think snow and cocktails mix well? You may be right, but as I am stranded by massive snow drifts I figure I might as well make myself useful and find a dress. Yes, I could be working on a ginormaous report I have due next month for work, or I could be working on an inventory project for my second job, but instead I chose to fire up my computer and do a little shopping.

This month of love could not slip by without talking about shopping, more specifically fashion and clothes. However, I am not a typical girl in that I don’t like to shop unless I am on a mission for something specific, then I love it. This month I am in fact on a mission for something specific, a cocktail dress for an upcoming wedding. Hold onto your hats, it is not my wedding; we are attending the wedding of our friends Carolyn and Jack, remember I talked about them last month. Anywho, I have been searching high and low for the perfect dress, I have it narrowed down to a few choices, feel free to weigh in. Remember it is for a wedding, in the evening, at the end of March, and I will have a man straight off the cover of GQ as my date.

I fell in love with this dress the first time I saw it, I love the asymmetrical ruched overlay strap on the one shoulder. Black is a huge seller for me as well, it hides....well the fact I eat too many cupcakes.


This dress whispered simple elegance to me. The ivory satin would not be as forgiving as the black dress above, but I would be willing to workout a little bit harder to make sure all my cupcakes were no longer sitting on my hips.


The color of this dress......dynasty, is what caused me to fall in love with it. I love it's elegant design with the crisscross bodice and bow on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment