Thursday, August 5, 2010

Confetti Cakeballs

I am often asked the question: “do you like to cook”? Now to me this question is loaded with way too many variables. My regular response is “could you specify ‘cook’”. If we are talking Ramon noodles……I am the queen, if the reference is made to any meat dish…...you are better off making a deal with the devil than expecting some dish of that caliber to come out my kitchen, if it is high carb low protein entrées..... that is doable, but if you were a gambln’ man you would do best to wager on anything encompassing sugar. Cook=questionable at best………baking=extraordinary!!

A couple weeks ago an amazing young woman, a great friend, and spunky college senior turned 21 and I made cakeballs for the celebration.


They were beyond a hit and I promised I would put the secret recipe out on my blog…….so after weeks I finally come through on my promise here you go Kristi and Dana.



You will need:
1 box of confetti cake (bake as directed)
1 can cream cheese frosting
1 tube birthday sprinkles
1 package candy quick coating

To prepare:
Bake cake according to package directions.
Let cake cool completely.
Crumble cake into a large mixing bowl.
Add 2/3 can of cream cheese frosting to crumbled cake.
Combine completely.
Roll into balls (the size is up to you).
Place balls in freezer for 30 mins or until firm.
Coat with candy quick and immediately add sprinkles.

Enjoy,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment