Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Suffocating, scorching and lethal

I come to you from a distance and deselect place where the heat is so intense you see it rising from the pavement. Where people are covered from head to toe knowing that if even an inch of their skin is exposed to the blistering heat they might evaporate like liquid. A place that I like to call the Sahara, but most refer to as Tulsa Oklahoma. To say it is hot is an understatement; I like to refer to this day as suffocating, scorching, and lethal to one’s health.

We are going on our third day of temperatures soaring over 100. I would love to share with you all the things I love about this weather but as it may end up all I can think about is how much I long for days gone by.

Days of ice storms.........



freak snow storms.....


cut through you wind, beanies, scarves......


and down filled blankets. Days curled up by the fire, not to be confused with catching on fire, which happened to me yesterday as I tried to step outside in the atrociously nasty heat. Days of sweaters, football games, and falling leaves. I simply long for days that are anything but those that are devastating to my wellbeing.

Remind me I told you this when I am writing from the frozen tundra of the arctic in January.

Love ya,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment