Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I discovered the past few days that writer block has found me and not just found me, but set in like a Colorado winter storm. Then as I was about to toss in the towel thinking I would never see the sun again, I ran across this quote……..
The bane to my existence seems to be that of doubt. When this quote appeared in front of me I decided to do away with doubt in this here blog and try to void it from my daily life. I have found a few techniques that seem to counter doubt in my world…..prayer, friends, laughter, and a splash or 10 of alcohol. A few examples of how I overcome the dreaded ‘D’ word you ask. Ask and you shall receive……. While experiencing life……I have found that with prayer and listening to the small voice deep inside you can get through anything. I have been told more times than I can count ‘Jennifer God never gives you more than you can handle’, and my response ‘I should be able to bench press a Buick at this point with the amount of strength God must think I have’. All kidding aside, prayer has gotten to the place I am today and through a lot of ups and downs. While out on adventure…..I have found that if I scoop up a friend and take them along, it is always more fun. Life seems to be, for me, more fulfilling when I have the opportunity to share it with someone else. While training…..I have found that trying to laugh through my sweat, oh wait that liquid on my face might actually be tears of pain, regardless I laugh. I also try to remind myself that everyone who is an expert or a professional was once a beginner. While shopping……I have found that doing a few shots of tequila before trying anything on seems to make the experience more enjoyable for all parties involved Now that I think about it, everything seems to be a bit better with prayer, a good friend, a great laugh, and a splash of alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment