Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Love Deeply!

The older I get the more I realize just how precious life really is. As my family and I were celebrating the marriage of my baby cousin this past weekend, a friend of mine was morning the loss of her mother. I found out early this week that a childhood friend lost her mother in a tragic car accident this past weekend and it caused me pause and forced me to reflect on my own life and the people I hold close to my heart. I am sure Stacey woke up Friday August 2nd, not thinking ‘today is the last day I will be able to talk to my mother, hug her, tell her just how much I love her, watch her love on my daughter, sit back and think how blessed I am to have such a wonderful woman as MY mother. I am sure Stacey went on like most of us with the knowledge that her mother would be there at the end of the day for a regular Friday night phone call. My eyes were opened wide by Kathy’s passing, especially after spending a weekend with my own family, and sadly taking that opportunity of being surrounded by the people I love more than anything for granted. As we travel down this unpredictable road of life I pray that we remember what is most important in life. It is not how large our pay check is, it is not how high we climb on the corporate ladder, the cars we drive, the houses we live in, the clothes we wear, or the extravagant vacations we take. It is about the depth of love we share, the lives we touch, the experiences we take part in, and the memories we make along the way. Let us move forward holding tight to the ones we love, letting people know how much we care, and never losing sight of or taking for granted the things and people in life that bring us joy, comfort, and love. In loving memory of a woman that encompassed life, love, laughter, and above all family and friends you will be deeply missed Kathy Weldon.

No comments:

Post a Comment