Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The memories

So I had this roommate in college, she was extraordinary, an amazing sister in Christ, my rock, my encourager, my shoulder to cry on when men were being men, my sounding board when my professors were causing me gray hair, we had each other’s back no matter the circumstance, she was and is my best friend. I think I may have mentioned her from time to time here in my blog. Nicole and I don’t live as close in geographical terms as we did in college, so every now and then I must, for my own sanity do some things that remind me of her. Tonight was one of those nights.

You see when we resided at Jefferson Commons in Stillwater, more years ago than I would like to admit to the world I would make no-bake cookies…….very often. I remain in shock today that Nicole and I were not the size of a small country following our senior year. More no-bake cookies were consumed during that year between the two of us, than bread is consumed by the entire United States military.

I have not made no-bake cookies since college that is until today. I have my last Financial Peace class tomorrow and we were encouraged to bring a sugary or salty treat. This college tradition was the choice of goodies for me, and the memories that came flooding back in my kitchen tonight were priceless.

You will need:
½ cup butter
2 cups sugar
¼ cup milk
¼ cup coco powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats

Preparation:
Bring the first 4 ingredients to boil, boil for 3 min.. Remove from heat and immediately add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is completely melted. Add oats and stir thoroughly. While still hot scoop out by tablespoons and place on wax paper to cool completely.



Enjoy,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. I've been catching up on your blogs tonight, and OH THE MEMORIES of those cookies!! During finals that spring, I consumed an entire batch on my own one night, while trying to finish a term paper at 2 am!!! How in the world was I a size 0 in those days!?
    I think of you every time I eat those cookies, though I haven't made them myself, either, since the good ol' days!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete