Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bitten

Last night as I was cooking the awesome tortellini dish, I got bitten, bitten by the cooking bug. I suppose this bug knew I had been slacking in the department of recipe posts on this blog, because after cooking dinner I had the urge to bake something. I am not sure if it was poison from the bug or that I may have been experiencing sympathy cravings for my best buddy, either way I could not kick the life threatening need for something sweet. So I scrounged, I dug, I ravaged my kitchen and found enough ingredients to make Creamy Carmel-Pecan Rolls.



You will need:
1 ¼ cups sifted powdered sugar
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 16-ounce loaves frozen white bread dough or sweet roll dough, thawed
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
¾ cup raisins (optional)

Preparation:
1) Grease two 9x1 ½ inch round baking pans; set pans aside. For topping, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and whipping cream; divide evenly between prepared baking pans. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture.
2) In another small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
3) Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Place pieces, cut sides down, on topping in pans.
4) Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Break any surface bubbles with a greased toothpick.
5) Bake in a 375o oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (if necessary, cover rolls with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning). Cool in pans on wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert rolls onto a serving platter. Serve warm.



I promise this ooy gooy goodness with take care of any sweet tooth.

Love ya,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment