Sunday, March 28, 2010

Only time will tell………..

To sum up my life in one word these days it would be ‘change’. As you all know my job is changing, did I happen to mention how excited I was about that? My marathon training is changing; it is changing in that I was advised by my running coach to bow out of the Oklahoma City ½ marathon this year. My last job was…….let’s just say………a tad stressful. When this sister is under a lot of stress I can’t eat very well, and I don’t sleep all too well, which put together does not equal adequate training material. No food, no sleep, and battling injuries this season, it was determined that in order to save my body for the next race using best judgment would be to gracefully bow out of this race, there will always be another.

I am also in the process of packing up my apartment to move into a house across town, which its self will be a huge change. However, the bigger kicker is I will have a roommate, which will be so great in so many ways; I have someone to cook for, bake for, share my day with, golf with, and so much more. But I think I need to insert a confession of sorts……I have not had a roommate since my best friend and I left college almost 7 years ago. Yeah, this is going to be a huge change for me. I will certainly have a house full of stories to share!

So I figured since everything else in my life is changing why not throw caution to the wind and try something friends have been trying to get me to do for years…………drum roll please………online dating. Now I have tried this before, but to be honest had a huge stigma in my mind about it all and didn’t give it a fair shake. I would not give anyone a chance really because I didn’t want to have to tell people “I met him online”. I simply thought it made me seem desperate that I resorted to online dating to find a potential suitor. I also felt that God would provide that one and only man for my life that I simply needed to be patient. However, I do realize that God is not going to simply drop Mr. Right on my doorstep and call it a day, although I certainly would not be opposed to that. I recognize I also have to work at this, God can’t make everything easy. Being my friends don’t have any single guy friends to introduce me to, my family doesn’t know anyone that is single, I have yet to met any single men in all the extra circular activities I engage in, I figured I had to be creative. So my friends I am going to try my very hardest to be open minded and open hearted with this online thing.

I would like to promise you all some fun, juicy, adventure filled stories, however, I do know how very picky I am when it comes to men I let into my life. But like I said I am going to try. So stay tuned over the next few months I may have a date or two to share with you all.

Love ya,
Jen

3 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations on your new job, and your move. Sounds like God has some amazing things planned for your future.
    And I wish you the best with your online dating experience. My best friend had a great experience with it and is going to be getting married soon. :) God is in control of all that stuff too. I know you know that. :)
    And finally, let me just say how fun it is to stay caught up with you on this blog. Looking forward to those juicy details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen~ so neat that you run marathons! :o)

    Wow! So many changes at once. I sometimes struggle with change but find that if I'm sure it's what God wants for me, it's manageable. In your case, it's EXCITING! :o)

    I'll be praying for your on-line dating venture when you come to mind... Glad you're picky - most men aren't worthy of a beautiful, shining heart like yours!! There are some really great ones out there though & we'll just have to pray that God leads you to a gem.

    Looking forward to the stories! :o)

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just tell this new room-mate of yours that he's got big shoes to fill!! I hope he's as a great a roomie as I was :) (Not to sound conceited) AND no one will ever live up to those adventures we managed to have....alsmot every day!

    ReplyDelete