Friday, March 12, 2010

My hope.

My brain is now fully rested, well as rested as it can be off of 4 hours of sleep, but that is my life these days and I wouldn’t change a thing. Well may be just one thing, or two, oh wait maybe three. This leads me back to my pitiful sleepy end of a rambling mess that was yesterday’s post….HOPE. So these adult decisions that I am in the process of making, these decisions that in time I will be able to share with all of you, have caused me to pause and reflect on where my life is and where I HOPE it leads.

I hope……..

I fall in love

God gives me enough strength in times of loss, disappointment, and pain, to muddle through the emotions.

The wars will end

That everyone has the chance to feel God’s love

I get married

My career takes me places

I have babies

I am never near an out of control fire

That during my life I touch someone else’s

Hope by definition means “a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one’s life. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. In a religious context, it is not considered as a physical emotion but as a spiritual grace”. (Wikipedia 2010)

As I was analyzing all the things I hope for, I realized something quite profound. At least it seemed profound to me, but then again we are discussing my thought process, and I have not been known to fall into the category of the likes of Aristotle, Albert Einstein, John Locke, and all the great philosophers of the world. This huge epiphany that I uncovered is quite simple really………..all my hopes are simply the opposite of all my fears. You see.....I fear I will never fall in love, I fear I will never get married, I fear I will never have babies. Even more reason for us to all hold tight to our hopes, they will fend off our fears.

Happy Friday all,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment