Thursday, January 7, 2010

Green Chili Soup

Because it is suppose to be -3 tonight,
Because I love it,
Because I miss being at home in Oregon with my family,
Because a little boy in the produce section of the store looked up at me with his big brown eyes and said "it's like Antarctica outside",
Because it is spicy,
Because it is Thursday night,
Because I need to eat,
Because I love it (oh I think I mentioned that already),
I made Green Chili Soup. And I promise if you like a little slice of Mexico in your soups you will love this low calorie high flavor put a zip in your step soup.



You will need:

8 cups Vegetarian No Chicken Chicken broth (if you choose the carnivore way of life feel free to use regular chicken broth)

1 onion, finely chopped

2 packages Roasted Chicken Gray Mix

3 cans (7 oz each) mild chopped green chilies

6 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

1/2 tsp ground cumin

2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped

2 can (28 oz) white hominy, drained


Optional Additional Ingredients:

1 can Ro-Tel

8 (6-inch) flour tortillas

1/2 cup fat-free sour cream

Cheese

How to:

In a large pot, combine vegetarian broth (or chicken broth) and onion. Over high heat bring to boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins.




Use a whisk to blend gravy mix into the broth.



Once completely blended add chilies,



garlic,



cilantro,



cumin,



jalapenos,



and hominy.



Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; once to boil reduce heat to low.

Scoop into a soup bowl, add a garnish of sour cream, cheese, or whatever your little heart desires, serve, and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment