Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We Will Never Forget.



Today marks the ninth anniversary of the plane crash that changed the life of any student, faculty, or person associated with Oklahoma State University. I remember where I was January 27, 2001, who I was with, and the absolute shock I felt when we got word that 10 members of the OSU basketball travel team had been killed. It was the first time I experienced how something so large like a university could feel as small as an immediate family.

Today we remember the life, legacy, and memories of the 10 who perished that January day. I never knew or met any of the wonderful men on that plane, yet over the past 9 years I have heard and read some outstanding stories. We honor you, Kendall Durfey, Bjorn Fahlstrom, Nate Fleming, Will Hancock, Daniel Lawson, Brian Luinstra, Denver Mills, Pat Noyes, Bill Teegins, Jared Weiberg you are deeply missed. May these extraordinary men remain in our OSU hearts and etched in our memories forever.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment