Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thank you!

I was not able to get 10 hour of sleep last night, I got 12 HOURS and could not be happier. I feel rested, happy, and ready to face the world, or simply facing putting up my Christmas decoration and finishing my thank you cards to all the amazing friends and family that were way too gracious to me this Christmas season.

Speaking of thank you cards I read this amazing devotion the other day on the Extraordinary Women website, I have placed a link to the website in the right hand column of my blog. I know that for myself personally I get so wrapped up in the day to day activities that I neglect to thank the people in my life that have truly impacted, influenced, and shaped me into who I am today. With that said, I mention with a shameful heart that I do not thank God nearly enough for the amazing blessings and life He has given to me. I found this devotion to be quite powerful so I wanted to pass it on to all of you......

"Isn't it so much fun to receive a "thank you" note? There are so many different types of "thank you" notes that have been designed. Many are simple and sweet...colorful and full of zest...stripes and polka dots...flowers and scenic landscapes...and so much more! And, the note itself is written from the thankful heart of the writer. A note that exclaims you are appreciated and you are noticed!

Have you ever made a list of the things that you are thankful for? If not, I encourage you to begin that list today. You will be amazed at how your mood will be uplifted. Counting your blessings is a sure way to take your eyes off of the things that appear to be going wrong and focuses them on what is right. After making the list, invest a dollar or two in a card or note. Then, write a "thank you" note to God. Just the mere fact that you are reading this devotional means that God has given you life for today! Thank Him...praise Him."

"...rooted and build up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." -Colossians 2:7

I am so incredibly thankful for so many things in my life. But I would like to take this moment to thank my family and friends for putting up with me, laughing with me or at me..whatever, encouraging me, but mostly for simply loving me for who I am. I love you all dearly!

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment