Monday, January 4, 2010

Just call me wilderness girl.



Following Christmas my brother and I hit the slopes and had the best time. The snow was good, the weather was amazing, and the most fabulous part was, we had the mountain more or less to ourselves. There were no out of control snowboarders to dodge, no beginner skiers to keep a close eye on, and no young children taking up the entire mountain. This was a new type of skiing for me, typically I have all the above to hurdle plus much more.

When we left my parent's house to go over the river and through the wood up the winding road to Willamette Pass it was crummy weather. Spitting rain and super foggy, but as we got closer to the mountain the weather improved, and when we rounded the corner into the parking lot this is what we saw.



And when we got to the top of lift we saw this….



And this….



And this….



I felt as though I was on top of the world. The blue sky above me, the snow below, and way below me the clouds that were dropping rain on Corvallis.



We did a lot of skiing and enjoyed the peaceful tranquility that was Willamette Pass following the Christmas weekend.



I also pulled out my wildness skills. While traveling up the lift, I turned to my brother and asked "do you know what time it is". His response of yes was interrupted when I said “oh wait let me guess”........Pointing to my left I said "that is North, and if we pretend a clock is on the ground with noon pointing north, than from the shadow of the lift it appears to be about 1pm". I am pretty sure my brother was shocked, because it was in fact 1pm and the shadows on the ground represented my analysis. He said "wow, I am impressed", I said with a smile on my face "oh that’s nothing……. just call me wilderness girl".



My bro lived it up, taking jumps………





and tossing tricks, he was like a kid in a candy store.





I am not the thrill seeker that my brother is, you are not going to see me “catching air” off of a jump.



I enjoyed my time on the mountain, don’t get me wrong I still love the tricky runs….blues and blacks, but I am more cautious than my snowboarding buddy.



Wowzer it looks like I am creeping down the mountain in that pix, I promise I was not.

We had a blast, a memory that will forever be etched in my mind and heart….three things I love a lot, my brother, skiing, and the sun. I had them all wrapped up in a pretty package just for me.








More fun thrill seeking adventures....on a non slippery surfaces, heading your way soon.

Love ya,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is Wooooooowwwwwww.....what amazing pictures and you gota know God is the ultimate artist. I would love to paint some of your pictures and just try to capture a smidgen of the ahhhh that is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome if you could paint some of the pictures. I am sure with the tallent you have your art would be equally as stunning!

    ReplyDelete