Thursday, January 14, 2010

In my thoughts and prayers

I know that any of you reading this post today share the same heavy hearts as I do thinking and praying for those lives torn apart by the horrific tragedy in Haiti. A country that is scared by tragedy, the people of Haiti again on Tuesday January 12 suffered an unimaginable loss of love and life in a magnitude 7.0 earthquake.

Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, more than half the populations living on less than $2 a day. Many Haitians had very little and now most have nothing. I can’t imagine searching helplessly for my loved ones, listening in the night for faint cries of life under the ruble, and living on the streets with an entire nation that in seconds became homeless, helpless, and hopeless; yet this is a reality for people of Haiti.

I have spent some time doing research on humanitarian charities; I have found great respect in the charities listed below. For what it is worth anyone who resides in a place in which they are able to make a charitable donation towards the humanitarian relief effort in Haiti, I highly recommend one of the following organizations, or one that your heart follows.

Doctors Without Boards
UNICEF
American Red Cross
World Vision

May we all keep the victims, families, doctors, volunteers, military personnel, humanitarians, and those who feel led to serve in whatever capacity they can, in our thoughts and prayers during this unspeakable catastrophe.

Love ya,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment